Monday, January 5, 2009

Pay Day!!!!


So today was a TOTAL "pay day" for a mom. No...it's not August or Sept, but today was Burke's 1st day of school. He has finally decided to be potty trained which means he can go to pre-school. He has been quite excited about the whole thing. And who wouln't be? Seriously...no Millie telling you what you can and can't do...he gets to take his car back pack...and there are new toys there...and new friends...and a new teacher....oh...so much fun! He was even cute to turn and pose for me just before he went out the door for me to remember to snap a picture. He was willing to do a whole photoshoot...and had we not been running late already I would have taken advantage of the situation. So MIllie had decieded that she better take him in to school since it's the school she went to last year it would be best for her to take him so he wouldn;t be scared and she knew they way....(side note...she knew the way to the back door of the house where school is held...a little home preschool...) He was so cute. ..walked right in and dropped his back pack in the middle fo the floor. (So we're working on putting things away in our house.) He was quick to pick it up when he realized he had a cubby to put it in. He went right over to the table with the other kids and then turned aorund with just the hugest smile and a classic opened hand kid wave and said "bye mom!" Melted my heart!!!!! Then tonight he finished off such a perfect day...we were all laying in my bed...the entire fam on my queen bed and everyone was taking their turn telling "the best of the best" (the best part of the day for each of us..Thanks to Jen....who I stole the idea from...it's my favorite prt of the day on the days we remember to do it...) Anyway... so Burke goes first....long thought process first...me not knowing if he really understands this whole concept because we're kind of spuratic at doing it....and then he says..."I know...when you came to pick me up from school." I about cried. Because when I picked him up he was soooo cute. He came out with the rest of the class and he looked a little puzzeled or sad and then all of the sudden he recognized me and he came full on running and screaming across the lawn in excitement to see me. It was priceless. Anyway...it just felt like a big pay day for a mom!

7 comments:

Trisha said...

I am sometimes jealous when Rusty comes home from a day at work and the kids all run to him like they haven't seen him in years. How fun to have that experience in return!

grandma Scholzen said...

I don't actually remember Jeremy's first day of pre-school, but I sure remember the day he climbed a table or something, fell and loosened some teeth! I wasn't sure I wanted to send him back again if they weren't going to watch my little boy(protective Mom)
Mom

Heidi said...

How cute is that! I can totally see his excitement and yours too.

Minnesota Fun! said...

He is so cute. I loved seeing your family over Christmas. Burke was so funny with his Handy Manny stuff.
Thanks for posting about your Pay day, what a great day for you. Days like that make the other days worth being a mom.

510Jen said...

OH he is so cute. Good job Burke.

Nicole said...

Oh so cute! I like the best of the best thing too, I might have to steal that from you, once I have children old enough to talk. :)
It was so good to see you tonight, glad you made it back safe.
Love you

Tracey said...

HI!!!!!! I can't believe I didn't realize you had a blog- of course you do! I am having so much fun catching up on your life! I didn't even recognize Burk and had no idea you'd even been pregnant! Wow, how time flies! I've got to spend more time reading but I just wanted to say hi and that I'm thinking of you!