Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Elizabeth Jane



Born 9/16/08 @ 8:15 a.m. the old fashioned way "no drugs". Laurie got up to go to work @ about 5:00 and started to have contractions. She wanted me to go to work and do a few sedations and she would just hang out on the couch and yell at me if something interesting happened. I told her that we could cancel the day, after all we are our own bosses. She would yell about every 5 minutes, "cancel the patients!!!!" Then about a minute later she would say very calmly, "I am okay, just do the sedations and I will wait for you." After a few more conversations like this I knew I would be introuble for the next 50 years if I didn't cancel the day. So I called my sedations cases, called the office girls and told them to have a free day on Laurie. We got in the truck and headed to the hospital. Laurie was so mad because she just knew that they were not going to give her any drugs because she was too far along. My little Toyota will only go so fast. I am sure that Fred Flinstone could beat me in a drag race, but Laurie thought it was a stock car race. We got to the parking lot and it only took us 3 contractions and two vomiting sessions to get to the nursing station. They put us in the closest room that they had and Laurie started acting like a rehab addic on a two week bindg. . . "give me drugs, give me drugs." The Nurse was as patient as a mother of 6 could only be, "We will see." Every kid knows that this sort of answer means no, but to a pregnant drug seeking woman, this answer might as well have been, I will start your morphine drip right away. Laurie was falling for the stall line hook line and sinker. I could tell by my experience in a hospital that she stood as much of a chance of getting drugs as President Monson does of getting back stage passes to an Alice Cooper concert. With every contraction my hand was turning into graded cheese. Finger nail after fingernail embedded into my wrist. After a while I was wanting to start the epideral myself. Well after 25 minutes and 7 more, "I am going to dies" a big gush of something that doesn't resemble water came rushing into the room. I don't know why they call it water anyway, it looks like . . . well I don't want you to loose your lunch, but you get the picture. Then the most amazing thing I have ever seen. They started yelling for a doctor to come in the room. This tall man who called himself doctor walked into the room. He introduced himself and Laurie said, "I don't care who you are, just get this baby out of me." They kept asking quesitons like, "What are we having?" I would say, "50/50 chance it is a girl" They all would laugh, but I thought, why not just get the baby out and look for yourself. Then all of a sudden, on push and the baby started to come out. I really can't describe it at all. It looked as if she was comming out to say hello, but without the, "elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist" wave. It was more of a "sirprise" type of entrance into the world. Before we knew it we are playing zone defence "2 on 3". She is the most precious thing ever, and I can't believe that I am so lucky to have the most beautiful wife, with three healthy kids (one of which minds perfectly . . . I will let you decide which one minds). So, that is my story and I am stick'en to it.


Jeremy

34 comments:

Laurie said...

His rendition is mostly true....

She is beautiful! And I did do it all natural...and no...not by choice...

Glad she is here safely and all is well.

Laurie

Heidi said...

I haven't seen her yet in person, but I think she looks like Millie. I'm glad Jeremy got to the update before I did, that's how it should be. His version is a lot more interesting than mine would have been by far. :)

Prince's said...

Congrats You guys we are excited for you!!
Princes

steph said...

YEA!!! She's beautiful! Loved the play by play. You are the woman Laurie, with no drugs.
Congrats you guys!!!

The Larsons said...

PS... and SO lucky you got to have her so early! And what are the stats?

Bradshaw Clan said...

Congratulations!!! She's beautiful. The other two aren't bad looking either. I love the family picture. Now you match us with girl, boy, girl.

Leave it to a guy to not let us know how big she was. Although I must admit I'm impressed that Jeremy updated the blog all by himself.

Carissa Poyfair said...

Congratulations Laurie and Jeremy! She is beautiful. I can't believe you did it with no drugs even if it wasn't your choice. Way to go!

Miriam said...

That has got to be the most interesting play by play of a birth I've heard so far! And what a fast labor! At least you weren't in pain too long! :) Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I love the name Elizabeth and she is just beautiful.

Brookie C. said...

Jeremy- I was laughing through the whole story! congrats to you both, Laurie-I can't belive you did it natural! you're amazing!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Congratulation. Welcome baby Elizabeth Jane. Can't wait to meet you.

sara said...

Congratulations!!! She looks like she fits right in your family. So cute! Glad everything went well. I didn't think you were due until October. Congrats again! Hope you'll adjust quickly to life with 3 kids.

GarrGroup said...

Congrats Scholzen Fam! Hope you are all feeling well.

Kristin said...

Congrats you two! She is gorgeous! Way to go Laurie...no drugs...choice or no choice...I'm impressed!!

ClevelandRocks said...

Loved reading that, Jeremy!:) Glad to hear that all went well. Your baby is beautiful. Congrats to the both of you!!
- Nolan and Telitha

Zipporah said...

OH Laurie, Congratulations! -And Jeremy too. What a cute little baby and cute family. We sure love you!

Rachel said...

Congratulations guys, she is beautiful!! Laurie you are amazing! I love the husband version. Now I want to hear the mom's:)

Trisha said...

What a pioneer you are with the no drugs...even if it wasn't by choice! And Jeremy - we miss you. We were laughing so hard with the rendition of the whole experience. Congrats on a beautiful little girl!

thekerrclan said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful -- as are all of your children.
Jeremy's rendition made me laugh - -so easy for the husband to write about it -- yet not to experience the pain. I've been there...and all I can say is OUCH!

Hope all is well!

Karen Kunzler said...

Ah, Jeremy! You always could tell a great story, and I am glad you haven't lost your touch. Congrats!!!!!

510Jen said...

Congrats! Laurie and Jeremy she is beautiful. Glad everything went so well.

wurstens5 said...

Congratulations!!! I thought you were due at the beginning of Oct. I guess not. She is very cute. We will have to visit next time we are there.

Cambri Taylor and Macie Michele said...

Congrats to all of you. You guys have a beautiful family.

Elise said...

Jeremy, if you ever get bored of pedo, I think you'd have a promising career as a journalist. That was a great birth story! Sorry you had to do it without drugs Laurie, I think I would probably die.
It looks like she was totally worth it though, what a sweetie!
Congrats you guys! Miss you!

Suzanne said...

Congrats Laurie and Jeremy...happened on your blog this evening....Love, Elder and Hermana Tomkinson

Oliver and Keisha said...

Congrats! Congrats! She is so gorgeous! And i loved reading Jeremy's version. Hillarious!

Jess said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!!

Haley said...

Way to go WONDERWOMAN! It isn't that bad to go natural, right?! I hate doing it when you aren't expecting it though. I can't wait to meet the little girl, I hope it's soon! She fits right into your family...

heidi bullock said...

Oh Cogratulations!! She is beautiful already! I was thinking "Wonderwoman" too! You are amazing.

Cathryn said...

What a great birth story! Yay for your family!

Summer Wilson said...

Congrats. Nice diatribe Jeremy. Wish we were closer so we could come by. You understand, right?!?

Morgan Greaves said...

Okay Laurie, I haven't checked your blog for awhile! Congrats!!! How are you doing?

Unknown said...

Congratulations Laurie! She is beautiful! Can't believe you or Jeremy survived that. Hopefully my next delivery won't be anything like yours. You are amazing.

Tamara said...

Congrats Jermemy & Laurie! Jerm-that was a great rendition! I wonder what Jessie's version would be like? I found your blog on Todds...it's nice to see you and your family are doing great! You've got a beautiful family.

Mark, Kam and The Boys said...

My word Jeremy should write a book! Glad everything went well I also went natural after 3 epidurals didn't work! Cute,cute fam.