Thursday, September 10, 2009

I need to go back kindgergarten..or is it kindergarden?

Seriously...I am not even sure how to spell it correctly.

So today I had the opportunity to volunteer as one of the parent helpers at the centers in Millie's classroom. (I plan on doing this weekly...if my scheduel will allow it). Anyway... So today was my first day. I was a bit nervous. (I used to sweat my butt off and puke my guts out just thinking about planning something for joy school.) The kdsi were all pretty well behaved and I was SUPER IMPRESSED with their teacher. I ahve always appreciated school teachers. but I must say... I could NEVER in a million years teach kindergarten. That was a long 30 minutes of trying to instruct kids at what to do at my center. I wasn't sure if I should be laughing or crying. I was not giving the directions properly and the teacher had to come and help rescue me. Pretty pathetic I know. But it's like riding a horse...I plan to go next week and be a little less intimidated y the teacher and a little less intimidated by the kids. Seriously...just put me on the other side of the table with some crayons on my hand and I'll be happy to go to town doing the project and writing my colors!

Funniest part...Millie could care less if I was there or not. She didn't even acknowledge my being there at all...I had to go over and tell her hello and goodbye in the same breath. But it's a great chance to get to know the other kids in her class and one day she she'll be glad that I care enough about her to leave work and come to her classroom. I love her to pieces. (I love all my kids!)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Haha, too funny Laurie! I get nervous doing sharing time, they're just all staring at you with this look!
So Millie...social butterfly.
xoxo

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Hey you! Wow, little miss Millie is in Kindergarten. I can totally picture her. I bet she is the smartest cutest one in the class. Hey, we're coming for the marathon. We should do lunch! By the way, did you know we live in Cali now?

B-Hams said...

i am glad your "on air" again! if you go "off air" add us crytye2003@msn.com.